RYA Youth Sailing - Stage 2 (7-15)
This course is: Youth Sailing Scheme Course - Start Sailing Stage 2 (7-15)
Come sail away with me!
If you would like to learn the skill of Dinghy sailing, no matter what your age there is an option for you at Trafford Watersports Centre, Manchester. We have courses available from as young as 7. So if you either want to fly solo and learn a new skill or rope the whole family in we have something for you.
The aim of this course is to develop the skills needed to sail around a course and understand the basic principles needed to become a confident sailor.
All courses are accredited and certified by the Royal Yachting Association.
- Required experience for stage 2 is the completion of the Start Sailing Stage 1 course.
- Content – this course covers improved sailing skills on all points of sail. Tacking, gybing, ropework and collision avoidance.
- Certificate issuing criteria is as follows - Building confidence sailing, tacking, gybing and improving boat control and speed.
- All courses run for 2 days from 9am - 5pm. 16 hours.
- Please note we do not provide wetsuits.
- 30th & 31st May
- 5th & 6th August
By the end of the course, you will have a range of sailing skills and background knowledge and be well on the way to being a confident small boat sailor. Sessions you will cover include sailing into the wind and away from the wind, gaining knowledge of the 5 essentials, and how to launch and recover your boat. You will be able to rig your own boat and know the parts of the boat.