RYA Sailing Course - Dinghy Level 2(16+)
This course is: Dinghy Level 2 - Basic Skills (16+)
Come sail away with me!
If you would like to learn the skill of Dinghy sailing, no matter what your age there is an option for you at Trafford Watersports Centre, Manchester. We have courses available from as young as 7. So if you either want to fly solo and learn a new skill or rope the whole family in we have something for you.
This course aims to build your confidence and develop your skills. By the end of this course you'll be a competent sailor in light winds
All courses are accredited and certified by the Royal Yachting Association.
- Required experience for Level 2 is completion of the Dinghy Level 1- Start Sailing course.
- Content – the course covers rigging, launching and building confidence sailing in all directions. Capsize recovery and essential safety knowledge.
- Certificate issuing criteria is as follows - Able to sail confidently on all points of sail and make decisions in good conditions.
- All courses run for 2 days from 9am - 5pm. 16 hours.
- Please note we do not provide wetsuits.
- 11th & 12th April
- 1st & 2nd August
When you have completed this course you will have the basic knowledge of sailing in light winds. It is assumed that you will have the knowledge and skills already set out in Level 1 – Start Sailing. Skills you will cover will include sailing upwind and downwind effectively, sailing in close company, coming alongside, man-overboard recovery, having a basic understanding of racing and being able to complete a capsize recovery in controlled conditions. The course is 16 hours/ 2 days. Sessions will be run in single-handed dinghy’s.