RYA Sailing Course - Dinghy Level 3(16+)
This course is: Dinghy Level 3 - Better Sailing (16+)
Come sail away with me!
If you would like to learn the skill of Dinghy sailing, no matter what your age there is an option for you at Trafford Watersports Centre, Manchester. We have courses available from as young as 7. So if you either want to fly solo and learn a new skill or rope the whole family in we have something for you.
This course aims to Improve your sailing consolidating skills and try new ones in a variety of conditions.
All courses are accredited and certified by the Royal Yachting Association.
- Required experience for Level is the completion of the Dinghy Level 2 - Basic Skills course.
- Content - the course covers further coaching to consolidate the skills learned during Level 1 - Start Sailing, and Level 2 - Basic Skills. Short taster sessions from the advanced modules such as Day Sailing and Seamanship skills.
- Certificate issuing criteria are as follows - More confident in sailing skills and techniques and ready to progress onto the advanced modules.
- All courses run for 2 days from 9am - 5pm. 16 hours.
- Please note we do not provide wetsuits.
- 12th & 13th August
This is an improver course to bridge the gap between start sailing, basic skills, and the advanced modules as it offers a basic intro to the different modules. this then allows for a more informed choice of which route to take within the sport. You are able to practice and consolidate the skills learned already then experience some on the activities from the advanced modules. this will help to build confidence, develop good technique and promote independent sailing. Which additional modules you undertake are discussed between student and instructor. The course is 16 hours/2 days. Sessions should be run in a variety of craft.