RYA Youth Sailing - Stage 4 (7-15)
This course is: Youth Sailing Scheme Course - Start Sailing Stage 4 (7-15)
Come sail away with me!
If you would like to learn the skill of Dinghy sailing, no matter what your age there is an option for you at Trafford Watersports Centre, Manchester. We have courses available from as young as 7. So if you either want to fly solo and learn a new skill or rope the whole family in we have something for you.
The aim of this course is to learn how to sail a double-handed boat as crew or helm and solve a variety of problems afloat.
All courses are accredited and certified by the Royal Yachting Association.
- Required experience for stage 4 is the completion of the Start Sailing Stage 3 course.
- Content - this course covers transferring pre-learnt skills, techniques and manoeuvres to sail crewed boats, enhance rigging, launching, recovery and practical skills to recover a man overboard.
- Certificate issuing criteria is as follows - Can sail a double-handed boat on all points of sail. Launch and return to a beach, jetty or mooring in moderate conditions.
- All courses run for 2 days from 9am - 5pm. 16 hours
- Please note we do not provide wetsuits.
Thursday 25th & Friday 26th August 2022.
If you are interested in this course and there are no dates available please send us a message through the Enquire button below and we may be able to schedule additional courses.
Completion of this course shows you have the skills to sail a double-handed boat as crew and helm and can solve a variety of problems that may occur while afloat for example man over-board recovery, righting a capsized dinghy, coming alongside, sailing on all points of sail, all would be completed in a double-handed dinghy. Once completed you can go onto the advanced modules.