RYA Sailing Course - Dinghy Level 1(16+)
This course is: Dinghy Level 1 - Start Sailing (16+)
Come sail away with me!
If you would like to learn the skill of Dinghy sailing, no matter what your age there is an option for you at Astbury Watersports Centre, Cheshire. We have courses available from as young as 7. So if you either want to fly solo and learn a new skill or rope the whole family in we have something for you.
This course is an introduction to sailing dinghies for complete beginners, covering everything you need to know to get afloat under supervision.
All courses are accredited and certified by the Royal Yachting Association.
- No previous sailing experience is required to partake in Stage 1 or Level 1 but you must hold lower qualifications to progress to Stage or Level 2.
- Content - this course covers how to sail in all directions, including an awareness of launching and recovering.
- Certificate issuing criteria is as follows - Able to sail in light winds under supervision.
- All courses run for 2 days from 9am - 5pm. 16 hours.
- Please note we do not provide wetsuits.
Thursday 11th & Friday 12th August 2022.
If you are interested in this course and there are no dates available please send us a message through the Enquire button below and we may be able to schedule additional courses.
Provides a short introduction to sailing for novices. By the end of the course you will have a basic understanding of how to control a sailing dinghy, being able to turn, sail into and away from the wind, background knowledge of what to wear, what safety equipment is needed and what knots you will need to know. It is advised that you then consolidate this introduction with the level 2 – basic skills course and the level 3 – better sailing course. The course is 16 hours/2 days. Our sessions are run in single-handed dinghy’s